Do you want to buy an African grey for sale? When you buy birds it is important to remember that there is certain care needed to keep them comfortable and healthy. This includes clipping the toenails of African grey parrots so that they cannot harm themselves, harm you or develop serious foot problems.
• If you have only just got your African grey for sale it is totally understandable if you are anxious about trimming its toenails. Take your pet birds to the vet if this is the case and they will show you how it is done so you can do it the next time.
• However, if you are confident enough to clip your own African grey parrots nails, you will have to start by restraining the pet birds. Wrap the bird in a towel to keep him under control and prevent any aggression. Keep the feet out of the wrap though.
• Use a nail file to trim and smooth down the toenails of the African grey parrots. Only take off a little bit at a time though as you could go too far and cause the quick (blood supply) to be cut. If this does happen pet birds will experience pain and bleeding. Put light pressure on the area to stop bleeding and apply some styptic powder in this event.
• The quick grows with the toenails which means they can get quite long if left. Make sure you don’t trim too far down in this instance, and with regular clipping the quick will recede gradually.
• Remember, when clipping the nails of the African grey parrots, be careful not to catch the other toes.