Pigeon Feed - Types
Pigeons can eat a variety of things. In order to maintain your pigeons’ good health you will need to give them a wide variety of nuts and grains. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
Feeding Pigeons the Right Pigeon Feed
- A diet of pellets should make up the main part of any pigeon’s diet.
- You should use seeds as a supplement in the pigeon’s diet. The sort of seeds you can use are linseed, barley, sunflower, green peas and canary seeds.
- You will also find that pigeons also benefit from fresh greens such as watercress, spinach and chickweed.
- If you wish to supplement your pigeon’s diet with fruit then the ones which are beneficial are berries, apples and pears.
- To ensure that your pigeon has the correct nutrition you should add vitamin and mineral supplements to its diet. Basic supplements for pigeons are calcium, grit and gravel. You can also get commercially prepared vitamin supplements which you can add to water.