10 Roller Pigeon Facts
These Roller Pigeon facts give information about this breed of bird. See the Roller Pigeon facts to learn about the Roller Pigeon more.
1. There are several types of roller pigeon including: the Birmingham, Galati, Oriental and Parlor roller pigeons.
2. Birmingham roller pigeons were bred in Birmingham to somersault backwards whilst in flight.
3. The Parlor roller pigeon cannot fly, but rolls on the ground instead.
4. There are around 10,000 Birmingham roller pigeon breeders all over the world.
5. Roller pigeon breeders can be found in a number of places, including urban, rural and desert areas.
6. Roller pigeons are used in rolling competitions where the birds are judged on their rolling abilities either in the air or on the ground.
7. The roller pigeon eats a bird feed made of mixed grain.
8. Parlor roller pigeons are judged in competition by how far they can roll along the floor.
9. The Oriental roller pigeon can stay in the air for hours and reach a height of 1,000 metres.
10. There is a Birmingham Roller Pigeon World Cup competition that takes place every year.