How to Care for a Zebra Finch
The zebra finch is one of the most popular pet birds because they make great companions and have a unique appearance. Zebra finches can live for a long time, however this depends on how well they are cared for by their owner. There are certain things that need to be done in order to make sure that your finch is well looked after, happy and healthy. If you are considering these finches for sale, see the following care tips to give your bird the best life.
- First up, you will need to find a suitable home for your zebra finch. A square bird cage is the best choice for this type of bird. Make sure there is more than enough room inside the cage for your bird to move around freely.
- Take off the hard shell from a cuttlebone and tie it inside the cage near the bottom of the cage, but not too close to the perches.
- Place a perch cover over the zebra finches favourite perch so that its toenails and beaks stay trimmed.
- Choose some fun toys for finches for sale. They simply love swings and mirrors play with.
- When the zebra finch is going through moulting and egg laying periods, provide food that is specially made for these times. You can mix it in with the regular food, or put it in separately.
- Regular food for zebra finches should contain white millet, oats and canary grass seed. Fresh water should be provided each morning.
- Be sure to give the pet birds cage a thorough clean out once a week. Use warm soapy water for this activity.
- Finally, pay your finches lots of attention and give them all your love.