Caring For Canary Birds
Searching online for canary birds for sale? You can find several canaries for sale on the Bird Trader website, but before you start browsing, it may be a good idea to consider this guide to canary care.
Canary birds can make for engaging household pets, but there are certain aspects of care that need to be considered. Read on to learn more about canary birds, and then you can try and find the perfect canary for sale by clicking the link provided.
How to Look After a Canary Bird: Five Top Tips
1. Canaries are renowned for their distinctive song – in fact you can learn about it in our ‘Teach Canary Birds to Sing’ guide – so let them sound cheerful by placing them in as large a cage as possible. Remember, the more physical exercise a canary bird can enjoy, the higher the likelihood the bird will relax and sing, so ensure canary cages allow plenty of room for manoeuvre. Browse canary cages for sale on Bird Trader.
2. Canary birds can be a real pleasure to watch, but they can also be fairly messy birds – so you’ll need to be prepared for regular cleaning. However, it’s not a process that needs to be overly taxing provided you can carry out some careful planning – line old newspaper along the bottom of the cage, and clear out the waste every couple of days.
3. Consider the position of the canary cage within the house very carefully – the lifestyle of canary birds can be affected significantly by the cage’s location. Generally, it’s best to keep canary cages away from direct sunlight, as this can be uncomfortable and dangerous for a bird. In the winter months, you should also watch out for drafts, as this can impact on the health of the bird.
4. Bird toys will be amongst the most important accessories you buy for a canary bird, as, like all other domesticated birds, life inside a cage can become fairly tedious over time. Plenty of mental stimulation will be required, so try and layer the cage with a number of perches and challenging toys to keep canary birds entertained.
5. Finally, these birds will need food and water topped up every day. Try and vary a canary’s diet as much as possible – for basic nutrition, bird seed mix is fine, but from time to time, the bird should be given treats including fresh fruit and cooked vegetables.
Find canary birds for sale on Bird Trader