Buying a Canary for Sale
Canary birds are part of the finch family and can make excellent pet birds. A canary bird is most likely to be bright yellow but other colours such as orange or other coloured patterns. When it comes to buying a canary for sale, there are a number of things you should consider. Read on to find out more about buying canary birds.
How To Buy a Canary Bird
- As with all animals, it is usually best to buy a canary bird from a dedicated breeder as this often ensures that the bird is healthy, has been kept in good conditions and should be free from any problems. You can search for a canary for sale here on Bird Trader.
- One of the main reasons that people buy a canary bird is due their capabilities of singing. When buying a canary for sale, you should take note of which birds are singing as this is most likely. A female canary bird is a lot less likely to sing than a male so you should look for a male canary for sale.
- A lot of people also buy canary birds because they are preparing a mixed aviary. Canary birds should only be housed with other finches as parakeet type birds can easily bully or kill canary birds. Zebra finches and society finches are good choices for mixed aviaries.
- Keeping two canary birds may well be a good idea so they can keep each other company. Remember that canary birds will need the correct diet which includes canary seed, fresh vegetables and fruits as well as dark, leafy greens. Rice is also good food for canary birds but if they are kept with other finches, make sure that the canary birds don’t eat too much.
- When you are looking for canary birds for sale, inspect the bird thoroughly for any signs of illness such as a lack of energy, sitting at the bottom of the cage, closed eyes or fluffed up feathers. Avoid any canary birds for sale that look like this and avoid those sharing a cage.
- Remember that you need a cage for a canary for sale. To save some money to spend on other things for canary birds, you could consider buying used bird cages for sale here on Bird Trader.