Parrots for Sale - Feeding Guide
Thinking about parrots for sale? Pet parrots can be a joy to keep in the home and can become lifelong companions. However, there is a certain amount of looking after that they require so that they remain happy and in good health. The right parrot food can ensure that your pet bird is properly cared for. See the following feeding guide for your pet parrot for more information.
- Parrots require a balanced diet that includes fruit and veg, cooked meat and grains. Why not share what you’re having for dinner with your pet parrot?
- The correct amount of food should be given in small portions and be varied. If the bird leaves some food behind, you will know to give less next time. Adjust the portions until there is nothing left behind and continue to feed pet parrots this amount.
- Remember to keep the food mixed so that the pet parrot does not get bored. Also make sure that the parrot food is kept as fresh as possible. You don’t want bacteria or mould to build up on it and make the bird ill. Water should be freshly changed everyday.
- Keep parrot food treats to a minimum because while these are tasty for the bird, they are not too nutritious.
- Never feed your pet parrot with avocados, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, kidney beans and lima beans.