Keeping a Pet Parrot: What You Need To Know
Pet parrots can be fantastic animals to keep; a pet parrot will be intelligent, friendly and an excellent companion. There are some things however that you need to know before buying parrots for sale because they are not always easy to look after and as a pet bird they are a huge commitment. To find out more about keeping pet parrots, read on.
Buying Parrots for Sale
- One of the first things you need to be aware of before buying pet parrots for sale is the fact that they are hugely intelligent and need several hours of attention every day. A bored pet parrot could become destructive, aggressive or withdrawn so it essential that a pet parrot receives proper care.
- When keeping a pet parrot, you need to him with suitable toys in his cage so that he can keep himself occupied when you are not there. Good pet bird toys are destructible and provide some sort of interaction.
- As with any pet bird, you need to ensure that the pet parrot has a large enough cage and living area. Cages for pet parrots need to be large enough so they can fully stretch their wings and move around. A cage for parrots for sale also needs to have horizontal bars so they can climb.
- Pet parrots need some specific healthcare so it is vital that you know about specific breeds before you start looking for parrots for sale. All pet parrots may however need their claws cut periodically. You need to make sure when cutting the claws or pet parrots that you don’t cut too far down and cause bleeding.
- Pet parrots can easily live for 50 or more years so it is very important that you are aware of what a commitment you are taking on. Pet parrots need intensive everyday care so it is clearly not a good idea to look for pet parrots for sale if you know you cannot provide the proper care. Lots of parrots for sale end up being re-homed because their owners cannot look after them.
- You also need to be aware of the costs involved in buying and keeping parrots for sale. A pet parrot can cost anywhere between £300 and £1000 to buy and you will need to pay for food, insurance and possibly vet bills for the whole of the pet parrot’s life which can add up over time.
- If you feel that pet parrots are still something you are interested in then you can search for a wide variety of parrots for sale here on Bird Trader.