How to Keep your Parrot out of Harm's Way
Parrots for sale are very curious birds and in general easy to look after with the right equipment and preparation; however, there are certain things they should be kept away from lest they suffer injury, allergic reactions or other issues. Here follows a brief list of things to keep your parrot away from, some with reasons:
· Avocadoes – Parrots are allergic to these.
· Candles – Parrots can burn themselves and their feathers on these quite easily without at first noting the danger.
· Cats – For obvious reasons. No matter how much you think your cat has grown accustomed to your pet bird, it will always take any opportunity to pounce. Cats are natural hunters and birds are one of their natural species of prey.
· Chocolate – Parrots are allergic to chocolate and should not be fed it.
· Household cleaning products
· Open windows – for obvious reasons!!
· Standing water
· Toxic houseplants – Parrots are allergic to many kinds of plants.