Choosing Budgies For Sale
Budgies for sale can make excellent pet birds as they are friendly, chirpy and fun loving. Budgies can make excellent starter birds to learn the basics before moving on to larger parakeets. When looking for budgies for sale however it is important to choose the right budgie. To find out how to buy the perfect budgie, read on.
- The first thing you have to do when searching for budgies for sale is to try and work out the age of the budgie. An easy way to work out the age of budgies is by looking at the black marks (if they are there) on the budgie’s forehead. The more bands there are or the darker they are, the younger the budgie.
- It is best to buy budgies for sale from dedicated budgie breeders as these are likely to have the best health and temperament. When looking at budgies for sale, do not buy birds that are sitting at the bottom of the cage as these will be ill.
- You need to check the general health of the budgie and the first thing you should do is check that there are no crusted faeces on the vent area and that there are no signs of crustiness or discharge from the eyes. A budgie with a skinny or concave brisket (chest) should be avoided.
- Sexing budgies for sale is much easier than other birds; you need to look at the cere (the flesh above the beak) and check the colour. A blue and raised cere will indicate a male while flatter and lighter ceres are signs of a female. Male budgies tend to be much friendlier than females so ideally you should buy a male budgie.
- When buying budgies for sale you will be confronted with a group to choose one from. A good way of choosing is to talk to them and take note of which budgies seem to paying attention to you and are interested as these will be easiest to train.
- Budgies for sale from breeders may already be finger trained and by letting them sit on your finger, you will be able to make a better judgement on which budgie you have a connection with. You can search for budgies for sale here on Bird Trader.
- Remember that when you buy budgies for sale you need things such as bird cages and toys. Our guide to Buying Budgie Cages will help you pick out the best one.