Sea Birds Poisoned in Rhyl?
Three sea birds have died and several others have taken ill after it is believed that they ate poisoned chips at the British seaside. Seagulls were seen convulsing and collapsing dead on the beach at Rhyl in Denbighshire. Police were called and a section of the beach was closed off while the cause was investigated.
Denbighshire council said three birds died and up to nine others were treated by a vet.
The coastal facilities officer for Denbighshire claims that a post-mortem on one of the dead birds revealed that it had eaten chips laced with poison. Last summer, a seagull was shot with a crossbow in Rhyl, which the RSPCA said was "highly disturbing".