Eagle Poisoned in Ireland
Not all bird news is good news today; a Golden Eagle has been found dead in county Tyrone, Ireland. Tests show the eagle was poisoned with carbofuran, a substance that has banned in the UK since 2001. The bird had been released in County Donegal after being collected as a chick in the Hebrides of Scotland. In mid-October it had moved to the forest of Killeter in Tyrone, where it was later found dead. Police are investigating matters and the RSPB have condemned this "terrible and careless act".