Removing Glue from Bird Feathers
Learning how to remove glue from bird feathers can come in handy at times. When you lay glue traps down to get rid of rats or mice in your home, it is important to keep away all pets from the traps. Sometimes your bird may get some of the glue in its bird feathers by accident. Removing the glue carefully is vital so that you do not damage the feathers. To learn how to remove glue from your bird’s feathers, see the following tips. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
You Will Need
• Bird toy or treat
• 2 soft cloths
• Vegetable oil
How to Remove Glue
• To begin removing glue, make sure that your bird is calm and is not moving about. Keep the bird occupied with a treat or toy so you can begin to clean. You could cover up the bird’s eyes with a cloth to calm him down.
• Take one of your soft cloths and dip it into vegetable oil. Rub this gently on the bird feathers with the glue on them, and leave it applied for a few minutes.
• Now, with the other cloth, wipe away the oil and glue from the feathers.
• Repeat these steps until you have managed to get rid of all the glue and oil.
• With some mild soapy water, wash the bird so that the oil is completely removed.