Lovebirds are one of the most popular breeds with bird enthusiasts, and you can learn five facts about these wonderful domestic pets in the guide below.
Lovebirds for Sale: Five Fascinating Facts
1. Lovebirds are natives to the African continent, and for centuries remained on the continent before European travellers began to log in books and journals about these intriguing birds. The brightly coloured plumage began to attract attention of journal writers in the 17th century, and the birds began to be imported over to Europe two centuries later.
2. Bird enthusiasts considering lovebirds for sale may wonder about the origins of the breed’s name. Well, the name actually does have romantic connotations – it stems from the unusual bonding pattern that these birds exhibit. Lovebirds demonstrate a close, monogamous pair bonding for long periods, which is an unusual trait in most exotic birds.
3. However, these birds don’t always show much love to other animals. Lovebirds can be territorial in nature, and should be supervised when placed in close proximity to other household pets. Anybody considering lovebirds for sale should be wary of housing these birds in large groups, as they can have a tendency to attack if provoked.
4. Lovebirds are one of the noisiest breeds of birds, so if you want a breed that’ll make an instant impression around the house, these birds certainly warrant further consideration. They are very vocal in nature, and will make loud high-pitched noises throughout the day.
5. In terms of feeding, these birds tend to be more adventurous in terms of diet than others, and they will happily snack on most foodstuffs. Particular favourites include fruits, lentils, beans, cooked vegetables, pellets, cereals and flowers.
Find lovebirds for sale on Bird Trader