Lorikeets are not well known in the United Kingdom but are a favourite among bird lovers in Australia. This article on Rainbow Lorikeets will give you some facts on this brilliant bird.
Rainbow Lorikeets Breed Guide
- Rainbow Lorikeets have beautiful patches of colour which include dark blue, red, purple, yellow and green.
- There are red and orange cheated versions of the Lorikeet.
- Lorikeets are mainly found in eastern Australia where they live in rainforests, coastal bushes and woodland areas.
- You can also find Lorikeets in the wild in Asia, Indonesia and the Solomon Islands.
- Lorikeets are small in size and only weigh a tiny 130 grams.
- Lorikeets are 10 inches high and have a wingspan of 7 inches.
- Rainbow Lorikeets have a very healthy appetite and feed regularly.
- Most food that Lorikeets eat comes from trees such as pollen, nectar, blossoms, fruits and berries.
- If you are thinking about buying a Lorikeet then you will need to have a large cage because they are very active.
- Lorikeets tame easily and make excellent pets.
- Owning a Lorikeet will mean you have to do a lot of cleaning up because they stool regularly.
- Rainbow Lorikeets need to have plenty of toys to keep them occupied and like to play with people.
- If you like you can make homemade recipes for your Lorikeets using baby cereal, breadcrumbs and pollen. You can also buy commercially produced food for your Lorikeets.
Browse Lorikeets for sale on Bird Trader.