How to Clean Parrot Toys
All parrot supplies will need to be kept clean regularly. Parrot toys can sometimes be forgotten when cleaning out a bird cage. It is necessary to clean them in order to make sure your bird is healthy and does not live in filthy conditions. See the following guide to making sure your parrot supplies are free from dirt. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
• First, remove all the perches and parrot toys from the cage. If you know your bird will not like this, you may need to take him out first.
• With a paper towel or a dry scrubbing brush, get rid of any encrusted dirt. This could be dry droppings, or shell casings that stick to the parrot supplies.
• Fill a bowl with warm water and some washing up liquid.
• Put a couple of the parrot toys or perches in the bowl of soapy water and leave them to soak for about 5 minutes.
• Once they have soaked, use a brush, scouring pad or sponge to clean off the dirt left.
• Now rinse the parrot toys well with hot water from the sink. Ensure that all soap residue is washed off as a bird can get diarrhoea from this.
• Leave the wet parrot supplies to dry on a rack such as your dish rack. You must wait until the parrot toys are totally dry before they can be put back into the bird cage with your bird.