How to Buy a Parrot Cage
Parrots for sale can make excellent family pets that are truly affectionate and funny. A parrot cage needs to be carefully designed to ensure that any parrots for sale are not only happy in the bird cages but also safe. You need to know what bird cages for parrots need to feature before you go out and spend your money, read on to find out more about buying a parrot cage.
Parrot Bird Cages For Sale
- The best type of parrot cage is rectangular in shape as bird cages like this allow the parrot to feel safe when perching in the corner, surrounded by two sides. A square bird cage is also much easier to add things such as perches and toys to.
- It goes without saying that a parrot cage needs to large enough to allow the bird to fully stretch its wings and move about. Tall bird cages are required for parrots with long tail feathers. When buying parrots for sale, consider how large they will grow to. A parrot cage needs to be large enough to allow climbing and changing perches.
- The construction of the parrot cage is also very important and the bars need to be strong enough to house any parrots for sale. Larger parrots for sale need a parrot cage with thicker bars as they can quickly chew through thin bars. The spacing between the bars on bird cages is also vitally important. Parrots for sale must not be able to fit their head through the bars otherwise they could injure themselves, or worse.
- Because parrots for sale love to climb, the parrot cage you choose needs to have horizontal bars to allow this. One of the most important things is what the bird cage is made from and what it is covered in. A stainless steel parrot cage will cost more but will be very sturdy and last a long time. Powder coated bird cages for sale are also fairly common and a good choice.
- Make sure that the parrot cage is not painted, and if it is, that the paint is not toxic. Parrots for sale will chew the cage and remove the paint and this could end up killing them.
- Remember that the parrot cage should be a place that parrots for sale enjoy being in and consider their home. Make sure that you add perches, toys to keep them entertained and place the parrot cage in part of the house that sees regular activity. Bird cages should always have plenty of fresh food and water in them for their occupants.