Ducks can be looked after in a number of ways. You might have a coop in your back garden or modern housing for a commercial farm. Duck care is important, they are quite hardy animals but they have some basic care requirements. This article will give you some information on duck care and how to make sure that your ducks are healthy.
Caring for Ducks – Top Tips
- You must give your ducks protection from harsh weather and predators. This means they will need a coop or shelter that will keep the weather out and that is also fox proof.
- Ducks enjoy spending most of their time outside and they do not mind a bit of rain however they require a clean, dry sheltered area where they can rest. This dry areas can also be used for preening their feathers and waterproof their plumage. Giving ducks a space to do this is important so they can be protected and warm.
- Another important aspect of duck care is keeping clean water for drinking. Water for swimming is not essential but if you live in a warm climate then you should try and provide some water for swimming.
- You should feed ducks a diet which supports all of their nutritional needs. Do not buy cheap food that leaves them lacking in nutrients or vitamins.
- Ducks need adequate light stimulation in order to lay eggs.
- You should clean out the duck shelters regularly so that waste doesn’t build up inside.
Browse ducks for sale on Bird Trader.