Cleaning out Bird Cages
Pet bird cages need to be cleaned regularly so that your bird can live happily in a healthy environment. Dirty bird cages could be harmful to a bird, so cleaning them is vital. As long as you keep on top of things and do not let the dirt build up, you can clean pet bird cages quickly and easily. See the following bird care advice on cleaning bird cages. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
- To begin this bird care, remove your bird from the bird cage. Make sure it is kept in a safe place and cannot escape.
- Take out all the perches, toys and food/water dishes from the bird cage.
- Some pet bird cages have detachable bottoms. If yours has, remove it and chuck out the loose droppings. If your cage does not have this feature, simply turn the whole cage upside-down over a bin, and shake out all dirt and droppings.
- Now, place all bird cage parts in the shower and run hot water over the top.
- You will then need to scrub the cage with a non-toxic cleaner. Use a brush and sponge all over the cage and the bottom.
- Now rinse it again with hot water. Dry the cage with a dry cloth and reassemble it (if applicable).
- Bird cages have plenty of toys and perches too. Make sure these are cleaned with hot water and the same cleaning product. Rinse off and dry. Replace all the items in the bird cage.