Choosing a Type of Pigeon Feed
Feeding pigeons is not as easy as it might initially seem. It is essential that pigeon feed is varied and contains nuts and grains to keep your pigeon healthy and well. This article will help you choose what pigeon food you need to use to have a happy and healthy pigeon. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
Pigeon Food – The Choices
• Seeds – seeds should be used as a supplement in a pigeon’s diet. You can use barley, linseed, sunflower seeds, corn and green peas as suitable pigeon feed.
• Pellets – Pellet pigeon food should make up the base of the pigeons diet. Feeding pigeons pellets is important but you must make sure that you also add seeds, fruits and other supplements to the pigeon’s diet.
• Vegetables – surprisingly enough pigeons also benefit from having vegetables as part of their diet. Fresh greens such as chickweed, watercress and spinach.
• Vitamin and Mineral Supplements – to ensure proper nutrition for your pigeon you will need to include vitamin and mineral supplements. Calcium, grit and gravel are good. You can also buy vitamin supplements that can be added to water.
• Fruits – berries, apples and pears are also beneficial to pigeons.