Buzzards are skilled hunters and excellent parents, these birds are much more than we could ever imagine. This article will give you some information on Buzzards and tell you about their lifestyle and how they breed.
- A typical buzzard has brown feathers and yellow legs.
- Buzzards usually measure just less than two feet and their wingspan can be four feet across.
- Buzzards have a call which is similar to the mew of a cat.
- A buzzard is built for hunting and so it has excellent eyesight, a hooked beak and sharp talons.
Where to Find Buzzards
- Buzzards live in the warmer climates of Europe, Britain, Germany and France.
- Buzzards are Britain’s most common bird of prey.
- Buzzards can live in many different environments and will happily make a home in open hills, farmland, rocky coastlines or woodland clearings.
How Buzzards Hunt
- Buzzards like to hunt alone or in pairs.
- You will find that buzzards are not scavengers but by nature they will eat carrion occasionally.
- A Buzzard will hunt in open areas where they can spot prey easily.
- Buzzards will eat pheasants, rabbits, snakes, lizards and insects.
Browse buzzards for sale on Bird Trader.