Buying a Bird Stand
Bird stands are made up of a pole and a gripping area. They allow pet birds to get out of the cage and exercise. A bird stand can provide an area to eat and play when not in the bird cage. See the following guide to buying bird stands. %%AFC-ADVERT%%
• When thinking about buying a parrot stand, it is important to buy one that allows easy access to your bird whilst still being high enough off the ground. The height should be different to that of the bird cage so that the bird can have a different experience.
• Find a bird stand that has both a food and water area attached to the post. Many bird stands offer adjustable feeders on the pole, allowing you to reposition them higher or lower.
• Before you make the purchase, make sure you have cleared a space in your home ready for the parrot stand to be positioned. Surrounding clutter may deter the bird from using the stand, so make sure there is nothing in the way. Try to keep the space as quiet as possible so that the bird can enjoy the peaceful environment.
• Where possible, look for a parrot stand that has non-slip surfaces. It is better for the bird to be able to grip properly, even if water has been spilt.
• If you can, you could always buy numerous bird stands so that the bird has a variety of heights to enjoy. If this is not feasible, buy a bird stand that has an adjustable height. These look a bit like microphone stands.
• Ensure the base of the stand is sturdy. It should be quite a bit wider that the post itself and weighted properly to stop it from swaying or toppling.
• Add fun elements such as swings and toys that dangle to the bird stand.