Budgies For Sale: How to Care For a Budgerigar
Browsing online for budgies for sale?
Well, before you become the proud owner of these wonderful birds, it’s important to have a good working knowledge of the care needed to look after budgies. From feeding techniques to budgie cage information, you can find some great budgerigar care tips in the guide below.
How to Care For Budgies: Five Top Tips
1. First of all, it’s important to note that budgies can be extremely lively and at times very noisy – so you should be prepared for the household to become a little louder if you are considering budgies for sale. Generally, budgies will only require the basics of daily maintenance (feeding, cleaning etc), so they are an ideal pet if you have a busy lifestyle.
2. Whether you’re buying just one budgerigar or a couple of budgies, the size of the budgie cage will be your first major decision. As a rule of thumb, it’s best to buy the biggest budgie cage that space and finances allow – as these birds have a playful personality and will appreciate as much space to roam as possible.
3. Budgies are delightful birds to watch, but they can become bored without sufficient mental stimulation. Therefore, try and fill the cage with as many bird toys as possible – and be creative when it comes to placing perches within the cage. Budgies will love an interesting habitat in which to explore.
4. A budgerigar will require a strict feeding regime of bird feed and water daily. As with most other domestic bird breeds, a healthy bird seed mix will be more than adequate for daily nutrition. However, it’s also a good idea to balance out the diet of budgies with a couple of treats, such as fresh vegetables and fruit.
5. Budgies may not be the strongest of birds when it comes to talking, but with patience and a little training, the birds can pick up a small vocabulary. The most talented talking budgies can replicate up to 100 words, although examples of this tend to be extremely rare.
Find budgies for sale on Bird Trader