How to Build a Bird Aviary
Are you thinking about building an indoor bird aviary or outdoor bird’s aviary? This article will help you to build a bird aviary and fill it with the necessary bird accessories you need. Birds are flock animals and enjoy the company of other birds and the space to fly freely in a natural environment. Bird aviaries are much nicer than cramped bird cages so it is important that you know how to build a bird aviary.
Building a Bird Aviary – Top Tips
- When you are building a bird aviary you should think about the type of flooring you want to use. If you are building an indoor bird aviary then you should use an easy to wipe, sweep and wash material. Ceramic tiles and lino work well.
- If you are going to build an outdoor aviary then flooring is also important. Cement works well and so does a layer of large gravel. You shouldn’t use small gravel because the birds might try to eat it.
- Use PVC or metal 2 by 4s to create a framework for your bird aviary. If you use wood then you should cover it in metal to prevent gnawing.
- If you are going to house any member of the parrot family then you will need to provide cross supports as they like climbing up the wire.
- You should use a heavy gauge wire that cannot be chewed through by the size of bird you will be housing.
- Make sure you stretch the wire tightly across the supports and staple them securely.
- The bird accessories you place inside the bird aviary should be natural wood perches as they are best for all types of birds.
- There are many varieties of trees that are poisonous to birds so you should make sure the wood you use is harmless before using it inside the bird’s aviary.
- You should give parrots a wide rage of bird accessories to play with as they like to be kept busy.
- Foraging bird toys are great fun for lots of different types of birds.
- If you are building a bird aviary for soft bills then you should provide as natural a setting as you can.
Browse bird cages for sale on Bird Trader.