Birds For Sale: The Basics
Pet birds can make excellent companions and pets. Some birds for sale such as parrots are highly intelligent and have very complex personalities that can be extremely entertaining for their human owners. When it comes to pet birds for sale, there are a number of basic things you need to be aware of to be able to care for them correctly. To find out more about the basics of caring for a pet bird, read on.
Caring For a Pet Bird
- All pet birds need to have a bird cage to live in that is at least large enough to allow them to flap their wings but you should buy the largest bird cage you can realistically afford and find space for. Pet birds in small cages need to be regularly let out to get exercise. You can search for a wide range of bird cages for sale here on Bird Trader.
- The bars on bird cages need to be small enough so that your pet bird cannot get his head through. When pet birds can fir their heads through the bars, it can lead to injury or even death. For parrot type pet birds, horizontal bars are goof for allowing your pet bird to climb. Your pet bird should be kept somewhere where there is regular activity in the house and out of direct sunlight. Make sure that the bird cages have plenty of different sized perches.
- Pet birds also need to be fed the correct diet and have plenty of water available at all times. The diet for pet birds will change depending on the species but all birds will benefit from treats such as fruit and vegetables, leafy greens and seeds. Things such as alcohol, chocolate and avocado are poisonous to birds, as are the fumes given off by Teflon pans so don’t keep your pet bird in the kitchen.
- All pet birds need plenty of fresh water in their cage and they also need a bird bath. If this is not possible, misting your bird with a spray bottle every now and again will suffice. Bird cages need to be regularly cleaned out and food/water replaced every day.
- Pet birds are often more intelligent than people give them credit for and when you are considering buying birds for sale, you need to provide them with plenty of mental stimulation either from you or by giving them toys for the bird cage. Make sure that the toys you give your pet bird are suitable for the species; plastic toys are only suitable for small pet birds.